Strategic. Prepared. Going for the Win.
The sports business has become as complex as one person attempting to break a full court defense all on her own. Stewart Law Group understands the value of teamwork and collaborates with consultants and businesses to develop practical, real-world solutions for complex legal issues arising in the sports arena.
Sports Law Services
- Interpretation of NCAA Rules and Procedures
- Name Image & Likeness (NIL) Consulting & Contract Review
- Arbitration of Sports Disputes
- Contract Negotiations & Drafting
- Counsel and Litigation of Labor & Employment Issues
- Internal Ethical Investigations of C-Level Executives
- Investigations into Discrimination, Harassment, Hostile Work Environment, FMLA, and ADA Compliance Claims
- Marketing, Sponsorship, and Endorsement Contract Review
Meet the Team
Founding Partner, Amy M. Stewart, brings a unique background to sports law that brings innovative solutions to her clients’ needs. In addition to her civil trial experience representing companies on the Fortune 100 list to startups, Amy is a certified Title IX Investigator by the Association of Title IX Administrators. Currently, Amy and her team advise companies on how they can take advantage of the changes to NCAA rules which allow companies to engage student-athletes for NIL sponsorship opportunities or other benefits that were previously banned until NCAA v. Alston.
Amy draws from her many years of experience as a former 1998 Conference USA Regular Season and Tournament Champion, Two-time NCAA National Tournament Participant, and Director of Tulane Basketball Camps. Additionally, prior to her legal practice, Amy worked as a consultant to the NCAA and collegiate athletic departments regarding career development for student-athletes. Her experience and knowledge within the sports realm have uniquely and positively set Amy apart from others in the legal realm.
Rounding out the team are Senior Associate LeDouglas Johnson and Associate Anthony Lyons.