By: Mirella Escobar, Veidy Sanchez, Christina Sowell
“The strength of the team is each individual member. The strength of each member is the team.” – Coach Phil Jackson
Stewart Law Group’s paralegal team huddled to share their strategies to relieve the stress and anxiety of working from home during the pandemic. Their go-to move? Invest in yourself.
Mom of 3, Family is my Life, Love Food
- Don’t pile up tasks or over work yourself.
- Take time to set tasks and organize your work load.
- Stretch through the day, take deep breaths, and drink water. It helps release tension from your muscles.
- Think about the causes of your stress. A lot of the times we create our own stress and just need a moment to clear our minds.
- Start your day with a positive mindset and be productive. At the end of your work day, you will feel accomplished, satisfied and have a clear state of mind.
Mom of 5 kids, Soccer player, Missing the gym
- Accept that you are human, and you can not do it all in 1 day. God himself had 7 days to make this world, so take a break.
- Give yourself 10 minutes and think about your goals and plans in how to concur the day.
- The moment you feel overwhelmed or anxious…BREATHE. Take deep breaths.
- Move your body! Emotion creates Motion! Take a walk for a few minutes during the day. Enjoy a longer work out and take your stress out at the gym or on a run.
- When all else fails, take a day or two to mentally recharge and appreciate what is in front of you. Do not think about work, what you have not completed, or what you need to finish. No, none of that. Enjoy life and everything that it has to offer such as family, friends, loved ones, the outdoors, and your favorite go-to place.
Mom life, Beach life, Happy person
- While working from home, it’s important to keep your normal routine. Get up at the same time, get dressed, do your hair/make-up.
- Set up a working space away from TV and other distractions.
- Take frequent breaks (when needed) to clear your mind.
- Go on a walk.
- Give yourself a lunch break.
- End your day on a positive note (and know it’s okay not to be glued to your computer once your work day has ended.)
Go To Moves to Stay Mentally and Physically Strong and Healthy
- Listen to an upbeat song
- Drink a strong cup of coffee
- Read positive quotes